Posted in Argan Oil, Argan Rose Lustrous Hair Elixir, Argan Rose Rejuvenating Serum, Argan Ultra-Nourish Eye Serum, Natural Hair Care, Reviews, Skin Care Products - Written by admin on December 5, 2014 - 0 Comments
Thanks to the beauty blogger Britanie Faith for her wonderful review of our entire Zweena line! Below is a summary… her full review is at www.beautybybritanie.com
The beautiful and creative Jayme Barrett, author of Feng Shui Your Life, (a favorite book of mine) has always believed in helping people simplify and energize their spaces and lives. So it naturally follows that she would eventually discover a way to simplify women’s beauty routines. And I’m happy to say she has done just that for me. You may actually remember a post I did over a year ago dedicated to Zweena. This was before they changed their packaging and added new products into their line. I have to say, I didn’t think the packaging or products could get any better but they have. I am truly head over heels in love with this brand and every product in it.
Welcome to Zweena Body Care….
Pure Argan Oil: contains 100% Organic Argan Oil.
I use this multi-purpose oil everywhere: face, hair, and body. A little goes a long way. Argan oil glides on like silk and is full of natural vitamin E and essential fatty acids. I find it especially restorative and healing.
Argan Rose Rejuvenating Serum: contains 100 % Argan Oil, Organic Rosehip Seed Oil, Organic Evening Primrose Oil, Organic Pomegranate Seed Oil, and Moroccan Rose Damascena Oil.
In the morning I press a few drops on my face and then swipe in upwards strokes before I apply my makeup (it works as a wonderful primer!!) It feels so luxurious, sinks in fast, and the smell is “rose heaven” to me!
Argan Ultra-Nourish Eye Serum: contains 100% Organic Argan Oil, Marula Oil, Organic Baobab Oil, Organic Camellia Oil, Organic Rosehip Seed Oil, Fair-trade Melon Seed Oil, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Moroccan Rose Damascena Oil.
This is by far my favorite product in the line! Love the rollerball easy glide application. This has noticeably reduced the fine lines around my eyes (hello 30 next March!). I swipe it once across my undereye area in the a.m. and p.m. It’s rich in antioxidants and fatty acids as well as vitamin-rich botanicals. It feels so nurturing and protective. The best thing about this Eye serum? It completely got rid of milia underneath my eyes. You know those annoying little white bumps underneath the skin? I get those around my eye area from using products that have very dense and rich ingredients. I have never been able to get rid of them until this eye serum came along. I kid you not, within three days of using this serum, I noticed the bumps diminishing. It is a miracle worker.
Argan Rose Lustrous Hair Elixir contains: 100% Organic Argan Oil, Organic Mongongo Kernel Oil, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Organic Sweet Almond Oil, Organic Avocado Oil, Moroccan Rose Damascena Oil.
I love using this as a hair treatment two times a week. On dry hair I apply 4-5 pumps (I have very long hair). I start on my scalp and massage throughout even down to the ends. The Mongongo oil is full of linoleic & eleostearic acids, which are helpful for hydration and has nutritive and regenerative properties. I leave it in overnight and after shampooing the next day my hair feels so extra healthy. Bonus: my pillow smells extra good in the a.m.!
The anti-aging, healing, protective, and anti-oxidant packed benefits of these synergistic blends from Zweena are just so extraordinary. Each ingredient was specifically chosen by Jayme and Zouhir to moisturize, soften, increase cell turnover and protect from sun damage (Argan provides a degree of protection against UV sun rays due to the high level of anti-oxidants).
I’m so in love with the delicate richly layered scent of their Moroccan Rose Damascena oil. It’s nothing less than intoxicating.
This beauty ritual is so comforting. Not to mention I’m getting a daily dose of my beloved aromatherapy! I just adore and love to support a business that was founded on love and has the desire as well as ability to make such a positive impact in so many peoples lives.
~My final thought: Absolutely “Zweena”!!
Read Britanie Faith’s full review! She has so much more to say… Thanks Britanie!
Posted in Argan Oil, Argan Ultra-Nourish Eye Serum, Fair Trade Cooperatives, Reviews, Skin Care Products, The Beginnings of Zweena Body Care, Zweena News - Written by Zweena Beauty Team on December 5, 2014 - 0 Comments
Thanks to Kimberly Loc for her awesome review of our Argan Ultra-Nourish Eye Serum! See a snippet of it below… for the full review, click here for KimberlyLoc.com!
Though most rollerball eye serums are a bit too heavy or messy for daytime use, I’ve found myself rolling on Zweena’s Argan Ultra-Nourish Eye Serum both morning and evening — and loving the non-greasy, rosy results.
Zweena’s gorgeous all-natural eye serum absorbs quickly — I can pat it into my skin, brush my teeth for two minutes, and then get to my morning makeup application.
I love how it nourishes my prone-to-flakiness undereye skin with its lightweight mixture of oils. My concealer glides on very easily after using this serum, yet doesn’t slip around or get creasy — my skin is perfectly prepped.
To read Kim’s complete review where she calls Zweena “a soon-to-be-cult-favorite” and her new “go-to rollerball eye serum” click on kimberlyloc.com
Posted in About Argan Oil, Argan Oil, Argan Rose Lustrous Hair Elixir, Argan Rose Rejuvenating Serum, Argan Ultra-Nourish Eye Serum, Natural Hair Care, Products, Skin Care Products - Written by Zweena Beauty Team on August 30, 2014 - 0 Comments
If you want to de-clutter your cabinet and simplify your beauty routine, organic argan oil can become your go-to beauty elixir from head-to-toe. It’s chock-full of essential fatty acids, anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals that promote your overall health by moisturizing, softening as well as protecting your face and hair from sun damage – without harmful toxins and Parabens.
Below are 11 ways to use organic argan oil in your daily life:
1) Face Moisturizer – After cleansing morning and/or night, massage a few drops of argan oil directly onto your face and neck. Since argan is considered a dry oil, it absorbs quickly and is not greasy. If you want to use it as a serum, apply your night cream after the oil absorbs into the skin. You can also try this rose-infused argan face serum.
2) Hydrating Toner – Add a few drops of argan oil to your favorite facial toner to hydrate and tone simultaneously. You can make your own toner by adding a few drops of argan oil to Rose or Orange Blossom water.
3) Rejuvenating & Brightening Face Mask – Add a few drops of argan oil to your store-bought mask. Alternatively, make your own mask by mixing 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 3 teaspoons of Greek-style yogurt, 1 tablespoon of honey and 3 drops of argan oil in a bowl. Apply on a clean, dry face and leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
4) Exfoliating Lip Scrub and Moisturizer – To smooth and moisturize your lips, add a few drops of argan oil and vanilla extract to fine brown sugar. Lightly massage into lips using circular motion and rinse off.
5) Face Glow – Add a drop or two of argan oil to your foundation, bronzer or tinted moisturizer for a dewy, luminous glow.
6) Eye Moisturizer – Apply argan oil to the delicate skin around your eyes morning and night. It absorbs quickly so foundation can be after five minutes. Also, if your under eye concealer is drying, add a drop of argan oil to it. It will help spread the concealer more easily and create a more natural look. You can also try this Argan-based eye serum.
7) Leave-on Conditioner – After the shower, while your hair is still wet, add a few drops of argan oil to your hair, ends and scalp to hydrate and moisturize. It’s especially nourishing if your hair is dry from daily use of a blow dryer, straight-iron or curling iron. You can also try this Argan and Rose hair elixir.
8) Hair Styling Shine – When your hair is dry, use as a styling product by adding a few drops of argan oil to the palms of your hand. Rub your hands together and run your fingers through your hair to create shine and tame frizz. You only need a small amount. It lasts a long time.
9) Overnight Hair Treatment – Massage a generous amount of argan oil into your hair, ends and scalp. Wrap your hair and leave it on while you sleep. In the morning, wash your hair and you’ll have luminous, soft locks.
10) Cuticle and Heel Softener – Massage a few drops of argan oil into your cuticles to soften, moisturize and encourage nail growth. Use as an overnight treatment to nourish cracked heels by working a good amount into your feet and toes. Cover with socks and wake up to supple feet.
11) Body and Bath Oil – Add a few drops of argan oil directly onto your skin, into the bath or body lotion. It’s safe to use on a baby and to help minimize stretch marks on a pregnant belly too.
To buy Pure Organic Argan oil, click here.
Posted in Argan Ultra-Nourish Eye Serum, Press, Products, Reviews - Written by Zweena Beauty Team on August 20, 2014 - 0 Comments
Not only is this serum filled to the brim with some of my absolute favorite oils (think argan, baobab, marula, and kalahari melon seed!), but it also comes packaged in the sleekest hot pink rollerball.
Though I’m generally not to keen on eye products, I’ve recently started to notice the beginnings of dreaded milia. I’ve heard that the best way to attack the pesky little bumps is to moisturize them. I thought I had been moisturizing the area, but apparently not well enough. As luck would have it, a little bottle of Zweena Eye Serum fell into my lap. Within two days of using the serum, the milia had practically disappeared.”
Zweena definitely mixes a little bit of magic into this serum! It is the perfect combination of nourishing and lightweight. I highly recommend it!”
Posted in About Argan Oil, Argan Rose Rejuvenating Serum, Reviews, Skin Care Products, Testimonials, Travels to Morocco - Written by admin on August 16, 2014 - 0 Comments
Travel and beauty writer, Ajablue, spent the summer in Morocco and brought Zweena Argan Rose Rejuvenating Serum with her! Typically, we recommend using the Pure Organic Argan Oil if you have acne-prone skin. Ajablue found that the Rose Serum really worked for her. She writes:
“The sun shines brightly in Morocco, particularly during the summer months. Sometimes the roads are dusty and I get tired….And a bit lazy with my beauty regime. As a result, my skin began to suffer about two weeks ago. I broke out. My face started to look haggard and dry, likely due to the Moroccan sun.
To get my body back on track, I pulled out a new favorite from my beauty case: Zweena Argan Rose Rejuvenating Face Serum.
Who is it good for?
- This has been truly effective for me, a woman with sundamaged, acne-prone skin. I am glad I had this in my beauty bag while I’ve been traveling.
- This would also be effective for women who are concerned with anti-aging.
- It’s a soothing compliment for to use with other treatments because the ingrediants are so pure.
1. After washing my face in the evening, I first apply tea-tree oil with a Q-tip to my acne-prone areas in order to combat the pesky pimples that come with stress. Though the tea-tree oil is effective, I find it to be a bit harsh.
2. To sooth my skin after washing and treating, I apply 4 -5 drops of Zweena Argan Rose Rejuvenating Face Serum all over my face and neck. It absorbs quickly and my face immediately feels soothed and nourished, like I’m serving it food.
3. In the nighttime, I will apply a few extra drops, and wear Argan Rose Rejuvenatig Face Serum as a night cream. If it’s daytime, I can either go bare, or apply a little bit of SPF-infused concealer.
“3 weeks of this routine has made my skin feel more resilient, more luminous, and healthy. I look more awake.”
I think the Argan Rose Rejuvenating Face Serum is superior to a standard case of argan oil because of the added benefit of the rose and pomegranate oils.”
Read Ajablue’s full review and many more posts on her experience in Morocco, here.
Posted in Argan Oil, DIY Beauty Recipes, Skin Care Products - Written by Zweena Beauty Team on August 2, 2014 - 0 Comments
We saw this version of an oatmeal mask from Organic Spa Magazine and played with some of the ingredients adding Zweena Organic Argan Oil and tumeric! Argan oil has loads of anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals that deeply nourish and moisturize the skin while turmeric has been used in India for centuries for reducing wrinkles and brightening. The benefits of raw honey are endless. It has strong antibacterial properties and helps to unclog the pores, deliver moisturize and leave a radiant glow.
Mary Jo Hansen writes “This mix is very hydrating, deep cleansing, and balancing for all skin types—but especially beneficial for mature, dry skin. The beta glucan in the oats penetrate to the deeper levels of the skin softening fine lines and wrinkles.” She suggests to mix well and “stroke over your face and neck in up-and-outward movements. Leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly… Use this treatment once a week.”
- 2 tablespoons ground oatmeal
- 1/2 tablespoon argan oil
- 1/2 tablespoon raw honey
- pinch of tumeric
After rinsing, you can add toner and Pure Argan oil or Zweena Argan Rose Rejuvenating Serum as your moisturizer. Your skin will feel soft, supple and nourished. Enjoy!
Posted in Argan Oil, Argan Rose Lustrous Hair Elixir, Argan Ultra-Nourish Eye Serum, Natural Hair Care, Products, Reviews - Written by admin on July 28, 2014 - 0 Comments
Thanks to Sarita Coren of EdibleFacial.com for her enthusiastic review of our new Eye Serum and Hair Elixir below!
If you are a lover of roses, then you are going to want every single product that ZWEENA Argan Beauty offers. The line’s signature ingredient is organic argan oil, known for its wrinkle-reducing, frizz-taming, and skin-balancing powers. It’s no wonder that multi-tasking argan oil has become ubiquitous in the beauty world.
“But what takes ZWEENA over the top gorgeous is the infusion of Rose Damascena Oil, extracted from thousands of roses. Take one whiff of these simple, yet well-formulated products and you immerse in the heady scent. And let me tell you, not every product captures roses like these do.”
According to Jayme Barrett, co-founder of Zweena Argan Beauty, the source of the rose oil makes a world of difference. It is hydrodistilled at low temperatures from thousands of freshly picked roses grown in the Valley of the Roses, a place located between the Sahara Desert and the Atlas Mountains.
I found that one drop alone covers my eye area. The full-sized product comes with a roll-on applicator for easy use and no spillage. When it comes to ingredients, this serum merges some heavy-hitters to nab fine lines, boost elasticity and collagen, and fight free-radicals.
Marula, Baobab, and Kalahari Melon Seed oils fuse together some of the top anti-aging ingredients around. Camellia and Rosehip Seed oils, personal favorites, enhance collagen production and wrinkle reduction, while Meadowfoam Seed oil locks in moisture.
“Once again, the real treasure for me is the fragrance. I want to breathe it in all day and happily indulge in those fleeting moments of application and inhalation. ”
Rose oil contains over 300 compounds that nourish the skin, reduce redness and inflammation, as well as treat it with regenerating, repairing, and hydrating properties.
The hair elixir also incorporates argan oil and the most incredible scent (something I really love in a hair product). It comes in a pump bottle to dispense the right amount, which for me is one small drop massaged into my palms and then worked into the ends of my tresses. (Oh, if only I had tresses!)
My hair is not particularly frizzy but can get weighed down easily. Usually I’m wary of using oils in it, though a nighttime leave-in oil treatment does wonders every few weeks.
“That said, one drop when my hair is damp or wet allows this product to work its magic too. It feeds my hair to protect it before blow drying, tames flyaways, and lends an overall healthy luster without being heavy.”
Regarding the ingredients – nothing skimpy here. Mongongo oil moisturizes and protects hair. Meadowfoam Seed oil adds shine and locks in the moisture. Organic Sweet Almond oil softens hair and repairs split ends. Organic Avocado oil nourishes the scalp and promotes hair growth, while Moroccan Rose oil soothes, hydrates and infuses hair with its delicate aroma.
These products definitely standout as exceptional for me.
Full review on EdibleFacial.com here.
Posted in Argan Rose Lustrous Hair Elixir, Argan Ultra-Nourish Eye Serum, Natural Hair Care, Reviews - Written by Zweena Beauty Team on July 28, 2014 - 0 Comments
Thanks to Katie at The Green Product Junkie for her glowing review below! So glad you loved our new offerings…
“It’s no secret that I absolutely LOVE rose. The scent of it just makes me so completely happy and intoxicates me.
Imagine how psyched I was to try Zweena’s new eye & hair products!”
Oh, how I want a full bottle of Zweena’s eye serum! Every time that I’ve used this on my eyes, I’ve held my fingers up to my nose after applying it, just to smell it. I ADORE using this. I’m a huge fan of eye serums and I’m loving this one’s ingredients, feel and performance. Quick-drying (making it excellent for under makeup), this serum also comes in a rollerball (if you haven’t used one before, they are so convenient for application and feel refreshing!). $64
Again, I love the smell of this rose-scented hair elixir. When I have time and I know I’m not going to be running out anywhere, I love to rub some of this on my hair (ends only as my hair is only dry on the bottom) for a few hours and then wash it out. It’s also perfect for fly-aways or you can also use it as a serious hair treatment by rubbing it on scalp and hair and leaving it on overnight or for as long as you wish. Perfect for restoring shine, preventing heat damage, moisturizing the scalp, taming frizzy hair and protecting your hair from harmful sun rays. $48
Katie’s full review here.
Posted in Argan Rose Lustrous Hair Elixir, Argan Ultra-Nourish Eye Serum, Natural Hair Care, Zweena News - Written by admin on July 24, 2014 - 0 Comments
Everyone here at Zweena is thrilled to share our latest creations with you! We know you love our signature Pure Organic Argan Oil so we’ve formulated the new Argan Ultra-Nourish Eye Serum and Argan Rose Lustrous Hair Elixir with high concentrations of this precious oil. In addition, we’ve scoured the globe looking for the most exotic, high-quality, nutrient-rich botanicals to add and we’ve found them for you. If your hair and eyes need some TLC, look no further!
With a roll-on applicator, this luxurious all-natural eye serum absorbs quickly to nouish, revitalize and protect delicate skin surrounding the eyes.
- Ingredients have been shown to: Diminish Fine Lines, Prevent Wrinkles, Hydrate and Soften, Boost Collagen, Promote Cell Renewal, Repair and Protect, Increase Elasticity and Fight Free Radicals.
This natural and organic rose-scented serum deeply nourishes and conditions; leaving hair soft, shiny and smooth. Unlike most hair treatments, this light-weight, fast-absorbing elixir is free of silicones and parabens, adding wholesome nutrients directly into the scalp and hair to strengthen, restore brilliance and manageability.
- Ingredients have been shown to: Nourish Lackluster Hair, Repair Split Ends, Prevent Heat Damage, Moisturize Dry Scalp, Restore Shine, Soften and Tame Frizz, Protect from UV Rays, Emit a Delicate Rose Scent
Remember, all of Zweena’s products are formulated without Parabens, Silicones, Artificial Fragrances, Chemicals and Toxins. They are 100% natural, vegan and cruelty-free so you can relax and enjoy your Zweena beauty routine knowing your are putting healthy ingredients on your body.