Want to be soft, supple and nourished this Valentine’s Day? Our Argan Beauty Gift Set is perfect for beautifying yourself from head to toe! Our Pure Argan Oil will moisturize your hair and body. The Argan Rose Rejuvenating Serum is a perfect anti-aging treatment for the face and neck. Plus, you’ll save $10 when you buy both products together!
It’s a perfect gift for your sweetheart to give you! Enjoy FREE SHIPPING when you buy this set through 2/13/14 with coupon code BELOVED. Your set will be sent Priority Mail the day you order it.
Over the last few years, Argan Oil from Morocco has emerged as one of the best natural beauty secrets. A New York Times article called the oil made from the nuts of the argan tree “liquid gold” and went on to say that it “has become one of the latest miracle ingredients in the beauty industry. High in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, it is believed to help all sorts of skin conditions: dry skin, acne, psoriasis, eczema, wrinkles.”
At first, argan oil was hard to find since Argan trees are indigenous to Morocco however recently it has exploded into the marketplace and you’ll see brands, big and small, use it in their formulations.
Many companies name their products “argan oil” but how much actual argan oil is in the product? Is it enough quality and quantity to reap the benefits?
The best quality argan oil is 100% pure, organic, raw, cold-pressed and preserved in a dark bottle. When heat is used to press the oil, the essential fatty acids, nutrients and vitamins in argan oil are compromised and you don’t reap all the benefits. Read labels carefully.
When shopping online and in stores, use these seven tips to help you find the best quality argan oil for your beauty needs.
1) Is it 100% Pure Argan Oil? You want your argan oil to be pure. There are sellers that cut it by adding cheaper oils into what they call “argan oil.” It must be from a reliable source and be 100% pure and fresh. Larger companies that order huge amounts of argan oil ship by sea and may take months to arrive in the US. Smaller artisanal companies have the ability to ship by air so the argan oil is fresh.
2) Look at the placement of Argan Oil on the ingredient list. After reading the front of the label, go to the Ingredient List to see where Argan Oil is placed. If you want 100% Pure Argan Oil, it should be listed first as Argania Spinosa. On labels, ingredients are listed in order of highest concentration to lowest so the first one to three ingredients will be the bulk of the formulation. If argan oil is listed as the fourth, fifth or sixth ingredient, you’re getting very little of the actual oil.
If the first ingredients are water, alcohol, or toxic silicones and preservatives that is the majority of what you’re putting on your body.
3) Does it have a USDA or ECOCERT organic certification? Since the beauty industry isn’t regulated on the wording of “organic” and “natural,” it’s easy for the company to misrepresent the terms. It’s only organic if the label has the certifying agency’s seal and the argan oil is bought from a certified organic supplier. Morocco uses a French organic certifying agency and it will be labeled “ECOCERT.”
4) Is it Cold-Pressed? If the oil is not cold-pressed, much of the nutrients are destroyed in the heating process. Large companies adding argan oil to their formulations (selling millions of products) might not be cold-pressing the oil. Using heat will produce more oil but at the expense of the nutrients.
5) Look to see if it’s deodorized. Argan oil has a natural nutty scent. Some companies deodorize their argan oil to eliminate the aroma. Again, this process destroys some of the vital nutrients in the oil. Buy oil that is raw, virgin and unprocessed.
6)Is the oil made in fair-trade women’s cooperatives? In 2002, the Moroccan government helped the local Berber women, who’ve been making argan oil in the traditional way for centuries (see them in this CNN video), to organize cooperatives. It’s important for these women to earn a fare wage and be treated well. Find companies that source their oil from fair-trade co-ops where the women reap the benefits from their arduous labor.
7) Does it come in a dark bottle? Oil can go bad quickly when it’s stored in a clear bottle and even Amber bottles don’t preserve the oil in the best way. The shelf life of your oil depends on the bottle so buy argan oil that comes in a dark bottle. These bottles don’t allow ultra-violet rays to penetrate the oil and allow it go rancid. Glass is always better and it’s recyclable.
Argan oil is a luxurious, multi-use oil that absorbs quickly into your skin. It hydrates, protects and rejuvenates the face, body, hair, nails and much more. If you buy it wisely, you’ll reap loads of benefits.
Click here to discover ten simple ways to use it in your daily beauty regime.
Click here to buy 100% Pure Organic Argan Oil directly from a Berber women’s co-op in Morocco.
While you can’t be relaxed in every moment, employing stress-releasing rituals to create balance and harmony is a must. It’s important to keep daily stress to a minimum or else it can turn into a more serious illness. One of the easiest and most relaxing ways to release stress is to take a healing salt bath.
Remember how you felt the last time you took a swim in the ocean? Most likely, you felt both refreshed and exhilarated. You can simulate the experience and cleanse yourself at the same time by taking a few baths every week.
A bath is a great transition ritual after coming home from work to relax into your evening. You only need three natural ingredients for a quick stress release and an energetic pick-me up. If you’ve been upset by a person or situation, feel nervous about a present problem or anticipating a future decision, you can take this time in a bath to meditate, listen to spiritual music, do a healing visualization, or read the gratitude prayer below.
Salt.For centuries, sea salt has been used for cleansing and it’s one of the best remedies for clearing unhealthy energy, both physically and emotionally. Different from Epsom salt (which is great for sore muscles), sea salt disintegrates dirty energy. Dirty energy is associated with stress, pain, anger, fear and negative emotions. You can buy bulk sea salt online, get it from a local grocery store, or (when in a pinch) use regular table salt from your pantry.
Lavender essential oil.Lavender is one of the best remedies for clearing emotional upset. The color vibration of lavender lessens the emotional charge and relaxes the nervous system. The aromatherapy benefits of lavender have also been shown to relieve tension. In fact, the University of Maryland Medical Center states “research has confirmed that lavender produces slight calming, soothing, and sedative effects when its scent is inhaled.”
Organic argan oil.100% pure organic argan oil from Morocco is extremely healing and infuses the skin with loads of anti-oxidants, protecting it from unhealthy free radicals. The skin is the largest organ in your body and when you are relaxing in a warm bath, your skin easily absorbs the vitamins, nutrients and essential fatty acids in the argan oil. It will also soften and moisturize every inch of your body, hair and scalp. You can apply it after the bath for extra hydration as well. (Click here for 10 ways to use Argan oil in your daily beauty routine.)
Directions for your healing salt bath:
1. Draw a warm bath and put two to three cups of sea salt in the water.
4. Relax in the salt bath for at least 20 minutes.
5. Make sure that the majority of your body is covered with the salt water at some point during bathing.
6. Visualize healing white light filling your entire body. Imagine that the light is flushing all physical, emotional, and mental stress out of your hands and feet and being disintegrated immediately.
7. Bonus prayer: To go the extra mile in self-care, you can say a prayer for whole body blessings while you bathe. Print and laminate it. It’s a wonderful way to get in a state of gratitude for your beautiful body and invoke blessings for well-being.
Salt baths are an easy, go-to stress reliever. They’re one of the most enjoyable ways to enhance your quality of life. Soak your stress away.
It’s essential to practice daily self-care rituals to stay healthy, happy and balanced in our lives.
Ayurveda, a 5,000 year-old system of natural healing from India, promotes daily self massage called Abhyanga to maintain good health. It connects you to your femininity and offers the healing power of touch. During this type of massage, you anoint and massage your body with warm botanical oils. You can use sesame oil as your base oil and add a dropper full of organic Pure Argan Oil for ultra-nourishing moisture.
Some benefits of Self-Abhyanga:
Releases physical stress
Nourishes skin with moisture
Boosts immune system
Stimulates internal organs
Benefits sleep patterns
Here’s a video showing how to give a self-Abhyanga massage. Doing this once a week would be a wonderful gift of self-care.
As you continue your self-care, you can massage your face with Pure Argan Oil or Argan Rose Face Serum to slow the aging process. Pure organic argan oil from Morocco is full of anti-oxidants with over 80% essential fatty acids that nourish, heal and protect the skin. Anti-oxidants fight free radicals which slow down pre-mature aging from the sun.
Here’s a great facial massage video by Lisa Gusto. It’s a perfect nightly anti-aging ritual.
An active, organic & healthy way of living is what Jesica Cockerham, the lovely blogger behind Run On Organic, shares with her readers. After using Zweena Argan Elixirs, she writes:
“I have always heard of Argan oil, but had yet to try it. The best way to try something is in its pure form so, enter: Zweena. Using this oil on my face appears to treat all of the problems you could have with your skin. For me, it’s mostly redness, blemishes and dry skin (around lips and nose) in the winter months. I find it to be everything it promises to be. It is entirely organic and effective–what more could you ask for in a facial oil? I have been pleased with this oil. I apply it to my face right after washing–using the droplets of water still on my face to spread the oil on evenly and easily. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a purely organic product to apply to their skin.”
Thanks to Jesica for reaching out to us to try our products! Read her full review here.
You know you love a product when you keep re-applying it even when you don’t need to. I’ve tried one other rose oil-infused face oil, but I found the scent to be far too over-powering. I love the scent of rose, but in small, pretty doses. Zweena’s is just that.
First off, “Zweena” means beautiful in Morocco. Jayme Barrett, founder of Zweena has a cute story of how her company came to be.
While visiting a friend in Morocco, Jayme met her future husband on her third day in the country (sounds like a Jennifer Aniston or Julia Roberts movie, no?) Not long after, her hubby-to-be gave her a bottle of argan oil as a gift and the rest is history.
So, as Jayme fell in love with both her man and the “liquid gold” oil, she soon made the decision to bring pure organic argan oil over to the United States.
I’ve tried many argan oil blends, but this is, by far, my favorite. The subtle scent of rose, the way it blends and absorbs quickly into the skin and the hydration it gives is superior. I also find that at $58, it’s a great price.
The Argan Rose Rejuvenating Serum is high in antioxidants, essential fatty acids and vitamin-rich botanicals. It’s also 100% organic and chemical-free sourced directly from a fair-trade cooperative in Morocco.
Just as an FYI: Jayme had given me a 2-week supply of the oil and I have to say that it’s one of only a handful of products that I’ve received to test that I’ve completely used the entire product…that’s saying a lot!
Ingredients: Argania Spinosa Kernel (Argan) Oil, ** Rosa Canina (Rosehip Seed) Fruit Oil,* Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil,* Punica Granatum, (Pomegranate) Seed Oil,* Moroccan Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Oil
It’s always wonderful to find a customer review of our Zweena Pure Argan Oil and we were especially happy to see it posted on a Facebook Group page called “Responsible Consumerism.”
Thanks to happy customer Ariana Malone for sharing your enthusiasm!
“I’m telling you, this stuff is amazing. Its the only thing I put on my face to moisturize and it works like a charm. Not to mention, the Zweena brand is sustainable harvested and I can feel good knowing exactly where one of my beauty products originates! You can buy it online and their customer service is wonderful. It’s actually a really generously sized bottle and I use it for everything, hair, face, hands, lips, etc!”
The lovely Sarita Coren, beauty and wellness advocate behind the blog Ediblefacial.com, believes in “Peace on the Skin and Peace Within!” We agree and were thrilled to have her include Zweena Argan Rose Rejuvenating Serum in her post: 8 Divinely Delicious Ways to Use Roses in Skin Care. Below is an excerpt that includes her review of Zweena.
As one of the most beautiful flowers, roses offer some outstanding, beautifying properties. Specifically, roses can defend the skin against aging, balance redness, and lend an overall feeling of equanimity.
Zweena, which means “beautiful” in Moroccan, harnesses the anti-aging benefits of elegant Moroccan rose oil and combines it with hydrating argan oil, rosehip seed oil, pomegranate seed oil, and evening primrose oil for its intoxicating blend, Argan Rose Rejuvenating Serum, $58.
It boasts USDA Organic certification, as well as ECOCERT certification.
I love this company’s candid story (interestingly, there’s love involved!) and its attention to pure natural ingredients, sustainable harvesting, and support of women in fair-trade cooperatives. But it’s the addition of rose oil that really sets this product apart from other argan oil options.
ZWEENA means "beautiful" in Morocco and brings together our love for ancient beauty traditions, pure natural ingredients, sustainable harvesting and support of women in fair-trade cooperatives. We are 100% Organic, Paraben-Free, Toxin-Free and Cruelty-Free.
We look forward to connecting
with you! We'll share tips on
natural skin, hair and body care.
Questions? Email us: info (at) zweenabodycare (dot) com.