Posted in Argan Ultra-Nourish Eye Serum, Press, Products, Reviews - Written by Zweena Beauty Team on August 20, 2014 - 0 Comments
Not only is this serum filled to the brim with some of my absolute favorite oils (think argan, baobab, marula, and kalahari melon seed!), but it also comes packaged in the sleekest hot pink rollerball.
Though I’m generally not to keen on eye products, I’ve recently started to notice the beginnings of dreaded milia. I’ve heard that the best way to attack the pesky little bumps is to moisturize them. I thought I had been moisturizing the area, but apparently not well enough. As luck would have it, a little bottle of Zweena Eye Serum fell into my lap. Within two days of using the serum, the milia had practically disappeared.”
Zweena definitely mixes a little bit of magic into this serum! It is the perfect combination of nourishing and lightweight. I highly recommend it!”
Posted in About Argan Oil, Argan Rose Rejuvenating Serum, Reviews, Skin Care Products, Testimonials, Travels to Morocco - Written by admin on August 16, 2014 - 0 Comments
Travel and beauty writer, Ajablue, spent the summer in Morocco and brought Zweena Argan Rose Rejuvenating Serum with her! Typically, we recommend using the Pure Organic Argan Oil if you have acne-prone skin. Ajablue found that the Rose Serum really worked for her. She writes:
“The sun shines brightly in Morocco, particularly during the summer months. Sometimes the roads are dusty and I get tired….And a bit lazy with my beauty regime. As a result, my skin began to suffer about two weeks ago. I broke out. My face started to look haggard and dry, likely due to the Moroccan sun.
To get my body back on track, I pulled out a new favorite from my beauty case: Zweena Argan Rose Rejuvenating Face Serum.
Who is it good for?
- This has been truly effective for me, a woman with sundamaged, acne-prone skin. I am glad I had this in my beauty bag while I’ve been traveling.
- This would also be effective for women who are concerned with anti-aging.
- It’s a soothing compliment for to use with other treatments because the ingrediants are so pure.
1. After washing my face in the evening, I first apply tea-tree oil with a Q-tip to my acne-prone areas in order to combat the pesky pimples that come with stress. Though the tea-tree oil is effective, I find it to be a bit harsh.
2. To sooth my skin after washing and treating, I apply 4 -5 drops of Zweena Argan Rose Rejuvenating Face Serum all over my face and neck. It absorbs quickly and my face immediately feels soothed and nourished, like I’m serving it food.
3. In the nighttime, I will apply a few extra drops, and wear Argan Rose Rejuvenatig Face Serum as a night cream. If it’s daytime, I can either go bare, or apply a little bit of SPF-infused concealer.
“3 weeks of this routine has made my skin feel more resilient, more luminous, and healthy. I look more awake.”
I think the Argan Rose Rejuvenating Face Serum is superior to a standard case of argan oil because of the added benefit of the rose and pomegranate oils.”
Read Ajablue’s full review and many more posts on her experience in Morocco, here.
Posted in Argan Oil, DIY Beauty Recipes, Skin Care Products - Written by Zweena Beauty Team on August 2, 2014 - 0 Comments
We saw this version of an oatmeal mask from Organic Spa Magazine and played with some of the ingredients adding Zweena Organic Argan Oil and tumeric! Argan oil has loads of anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals that deeply nourish and moisturize the skin while turmeric has been used in India for centuries for reducing wrinkles and brightening. The benefits of raw honey are endless. It has strong antibacterial properties and helps to unclog the pores, deliver moisturize and leave a radiant glow.
Mary Jo Hansen writes “This mix is very hydrating, deep cleansing, and balancing for all skin types—but especially beneficial for mature, dry skin. The beta glucan in the oats penetrate to the deeper levels of the skin softening fine lines and wrinkles.” She suggests to mix well and “stroke over your face and neck in up-and-outward movements. Leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly… Use this treatment once a week.”
- 2 tablespoons ground oatmeal
- 1/2 tablespoon argan oil
- 1/2 tablespoon raw honey
- pinch of tumeric
After rinsing, you can add toner and Pure Argan oil or Zweena Argan Rose Rejuvenating Serum as your moisturizer. Your skin will feel soft, supple and nourished. Enjoy!
Posted in Argan Oil, Argan Rose Lustrous Hair Elixir, Argan Ultra-Nourish Eye Serum, Natural Hair Care, Products, Reviews - Written by admin on July 28, 2014 - 0 Comments
Thanks to Sarita Coren of EdibleFacial.com for her enthusiastic review of our new Eye Serum and Hair Elixir below!
If you are a lover of roses, then you are going to want every single product that ZWEENA Argan Beauty offers. The line’s signature ingredient is organic argan oil, known for its wrinkle-reducing, frizz-taming, and skin-balancing powers. It’s no wonder that multi-tasking argan oil has become ubiquitous in the beauty world.
“But what takes ZWEENA over the top gorgeous is the infusion of Rose Damascena Oil, extracted from thousands of roses. Take one whiff of these simple, yet well-formulated products and you immerse in the heady scent. And let me tell you, not every product captures roses like these do.”
According to Jayme Barrett, co-founder of Zweena Argan Beauty, the source of the rose oil makes a world of difference. It is hydrodistilled at low temperatures from thousands of freshly picked roses grown in the Valley of the Roses, a place located between the Sahara Desert and the Atlas Mountains.
I found that one drop alone covers my eye area. The full-sized product comes with a roll-on applicator for easy use and no spillage. When it comes to ingredients, this serum merges some heavy-hitters to nab fine lines, boost elasticity and collagen, and fight free-radicals.
Marula, Baobab, and Kalahari Melon Seed oils fuse together some of the top anti-aging ingredients around. Camellia and Rosehip Seed oils, personal favorites, enhance collagen production and wrinkle reduction, while Meadowfoam Seed oil locks in moisture.
“Once again, the real treasure for me is the fragrance. I want to breathe it in all day and happily indulge in those fleeting moments of application and inhalation. ”
Rose oil contains over 300 compounds that nourish the skin, reduce redness and inflammation, as well as treat it with regenerating, repairing, and hydrating properties.
The hair elixir also incorporates argan oil and the most incredible scent (something I really love in a hair product). It comes in a pump bottle to dispense the right amount, which for me is one small drop massaged into my palms and then worked into the ends of my tresses. (Oh, if only I had tresses!)
My hair is not particularly frizzy but can get weighed down easily. Usually I’m wary of using oils in it, though a nighttime leave-in oil treatment does wonders every few weeks.
“That said, one drop when my hair is damp or wet allows this product to work its magic too. It feeds my hair to protect it before blow drying, tames flyaways, and lends an overall healthy luster without being heavy.”
Regarding the ingredients – nothing skimpy here. Mongongo oil moisturizes and protects hair. Meadowfoam Seed oil adds shine and locks in the moisture. Organic Sweet Almond oil softens hair and repairs split ends. Organic Avocado oil nourishes the scalp and promotes hair growth, while Moroccan Rose oil soothes, hydrates and infuses hair with its delicate aroma.
These products definitely standout as exceptional for me.
Full review on EdibleFacial.com here.
Posted in Argan Rose Lustrous Hair Elixir, Argan Ultra-Nourish Eye Serum, Natural Hair Care, Reviews - Written by Zweena Beauty Team on July 28, 2014 - 0 Comments
Thanks to Katie at The Green Product Junkie for her glowing review below! So glad you loved our new offerings…
“It’s no secret that I absolutely LOVE rose. The scent of it just makes me so completely happy and intoxicates me.
Imagine how psyched I was to try Zweena’s new eye & hair products!”
Oh, how I want a full bottle of Zweena’s eye serum! Every time that I’ve used this on my eyes, I’ve held my fingers up to my nose after applying it, just to smell it. I ADORE using this. I’m a huge fan of eye serums and I’m loving this one’s ingredients, feel and performance. Quick-drying (making it excellent for under makeup), this serum also comes in a rollerball (if you haven’t used one before, they are so convenient for application and feel refreshing!). $64
Again, I love the smell of this rose-scented hair elixir. When I have time and I know I’m not going to be running out anywhere, I love to rub some of this on my hair (ends only as my hair is only dry on the bottom) for a few hours and then wash it out. It’s also perfect for fly-aways or you can also use it as a serious hair treatment by rubbing it on scalp and hair and leaving it on overnight or for as long as you wish. Perfect for restoring shine, preventing heat damage, moisturizing the scalp, taming frizzy hair and protecting your hair from harmful sun rays. $48
Katie’s full review here.
Posted in Argan Rose Lustrous Hair Elixir, Argan Ultra-Nourish Eye Serum, Natural Hair Care, Zweena News - Written by admin on July 24, 2014 - 0 Comments
Everyone here at Zweena is thrilled to share our latest creations with you! We know you love our signature Pure Organic Argan Oil so we’ve formulated the new Argan Ultra-Nourish Eye Serum and Argan Rose Lustrous Hair Elixir with high concentrations of this precious oil. In addition, we’ve scoured the globe looking for the most exotic, high-quality, nutrient-rich botanicals to add and we’ve found them for you. If your hair and eyes need some TLC, look no further!
With a roll-on applicator, this luxurious all-natural eye serum absorbs quickly to nouish, revitalize and protect delicate skin surrounding the eyes.
- Ingredients have been shown to: Diminish Fine Lines, Prevent Wrinkles, Hydrate and Soften, Boost Collagen, Promote Cell Renewal, Repair and Protect, Increase Elasticity and Fight Free Radicals.
This natural and organic rose-scented serum deeply nourishes and conditions; leaving hair soft, shiny and smooth. Unlike most hair treatments, this light-weight, fast-absorbing elixir is free of silicones and parabens, adding wholesome nutrients directly into the scalp and hair to strengthen, restore brilliance and manageability.
- Ingredients have been shown to: Nourish Lackluster Hair, Repair Split Ends, Prevent Heat Damage, Moisturize Dry Scalp, Restore Shine, Soften and Tame Frizz, Protect from UV Rays, Emit a Delicate Rose Scent
Remember, all of Zweena’s products are formulated without Parabens, Silicones, Artificial Fragrances, Chemicals and Toxins. They are 100% natural, vegan and cruelty-free so you can relax and enjoy your Zweena beauty routine knowing your are putting healthy ingredients on your body.
Posted in Argan Oil, Argan Rose Lustrous Hair Elixir, Argan Rose Rejuvenating Serum, Argan Ultra-Nourish Eye Serum, Natural Hair Care, Products, Skin Care Products - Written by Zweena Beauty Team on July 21, 2014 - 0 Comments
Exciting News! We’ve just launched our new fuschia pink packaging and Zweena Argan Beauty Elixirs web site. It’s been in the planning stages for the last four months and we’re happy to be able to finally share it with you. The color pink represents beauty, femininity, romance, love, passion and happiness. The positive energy associated with pink will further boost your Zweena blissful beauty experience. In addition, three out of four of our argan oils, elixirs and serums contain our signature divinely aromatic Moroccan Rose Oil. So PINK it is!
We hope you love this vibrant color as much as we do!
Posted in Argan Rose Rejuvenating Serum, Natural Hair Care, Press, Reviews - Written by Zweena Beauty Team on April 12, 2014 - 0 Comments
Thanks to natural beauty blogger Ashlee Piper for including Zweena Argan Rose Rejuvenating Serum in her Refinery 29 article! She used our Argan Rose Face Serum on her hair and recommended it as an “All-Natural Fix for Dry, Lifeless Hair!”
Treat With Care - Zweena Argan Rose Rejuvenating Serum
“Originally intended for skin, this rich oil blend with heady Moroccan rose is a fantastic hot oil treatment for weary locks. Simply warm, apply to damp hair (and skin, while you’re at it), comb through, and breathe in the intoxicating scent. Rinse out & say goodbye to frizzy, fried hair.”
Zweena Argan Rose Rejuvenating Face Serum, 58.00, available at Zweena.
Review on Refinery 29 here.
Posted in About Argan Oil, Argan Oil Research, Berber Women, Fair Trade Cooperatives - Written by Zweena Beauty Team on January 26, 2014 - 0 Comments
Over the last few years, Argan Oil from Morocco has emerged as one of the best natural beauty secrets. A New York Times article called the oil made from the nuts of the argan tree “liquid gold” and went on to say that it “has become one of the latest miracle ingredients in the beauty industry. High in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, it is believed to help all sorts of skin conditions: dry skin, acne, psoriasis, eczema, wrinkles.”
At first, argan oil was hard to find since Argan trees are indigenous to Morocco however recently it has exploded into the marketplace and you’ll see brands, big and small, use it in their formulations.
Many companies name their products “argan oil” but how much actual argan oil is in the product? Is it enough quality and quantity to reap the benefits?
The best quality argan oil is 100% pure, organic, raw, cold-pressed and preserved in a dark bottle. When heat is used to press the oil, the essential fatty acids, nutrients and vitamins in argan oil are compromised and you don’t reap all the benefits. Read labels carefully.
When shopping online and in stores, use these seven tips to help you find the best quality argan oil for your beauty needs.
1) Is it 100% Pure Argan Oil? You want your argan oil to be pure. There are sellers that cut it by adding cheaper oils into what they call “argan oil.” It must be from a reliable source and be 100% pure and fresh. Larger companies that order huge amounts of argan oil ship by sea and may take months to arrive in the US. Smaller artisanal companies have the ability to ship by air so the argan oil is fresh.
2) Look at the placement of Argan Oil on the ingredient list. After reading the front of the label, go to the Ingredient List to see where Argan Oil is placed. If you want 100% Pure Argan Oil, it should be listed first as Argania Spinosa. On labels, ingredients are listed in order of highest concentration to lowest so the first one to three ingredients will be the bulk of the formulation. If argan oil is listed as the fourth, fifth or sixth ingredient, you’re getting very little of the actual oil.
If the first ingredients are water, alcohol, or toxic silicones and preservatives that is the majority of what you’re putting on your body.
3) Does it have a USDA or ECOCERT organic certification? Since the beauty industry isn’t regulated on the wording of “organic” and “natural,” it’s easy for the company to misrepresent the terms. It’s only organic if the label has the certifying agency’s seal and the argan oil is bought from a certified organic supplier. Morocco uses a French organic certifying agency and it will be labeled “ECOCERT.”
4) Is it Cold-Pressed? If the oil is not cold-pressed, much of the nutrients are destroyed in the heating process. Large companies adding argan oil to their formulations (selling millions of products) might not be cold-pressing the oil. Using heat will produce more oil but at the expense of the nutrients.
5) Look to see if it’s deodorized. Argan oil has a natural nutty scent. Some companies deodorize their argan oil to eliminate the aroma. Again, this process destroys some of the vital nutrients in the oil. Buy oil that is raw, virgin and unprocessed.
6) Is the oil made in fair-trade women’s cooperatives? In 2002, the Moroccan government helped the local Berber women, who’ve been making argan oil in the traditional way for centuries (see them in this CNN video), to organize cooperatives. It’s important for these women to earn a fare wage and be treated well. Find companies that source their oil from fair-trade co-ops where the women reap the benefits from their arduous labor.
7) Does it come in a dark bottle? Oil can go bad quickly when it’s stored in a clear bottle and even Amber bottles don’t preserve the oil in the best way. The shelf life of your oil depends on the bottle so buy argan oil that comes in a dark bottle. These bottles don’t allow ultra-violet rays to penetrate the oil and allow it go rancid. Glass is always better and it’s recyclable.
Argan oil is a luxurious, multi-use oil that absorbs quickly into your skin. It hydrates, protects and rejuvenates the face, body, hair, nails and much more. If you buy it wisely, you’ll reap loads of benefits.
Click here to discover ten simple ways to use it in your daily beauty regime.
Click here to buy 100% Pure Organic Argan Oil directly from a Berber women’s co-op in Morocco.
Posted in Argan Oil, DIY Beauty Recipes, Products, Self Care - Written by Zweena Beauty Team on December 27, 2013 - 0 Comments
While you can’t be relaxed in every moment, employing stress-releasing rituals to create balance and harmony is a must. It’s important to keep daily stress to a minimum or else it can turn into a more serious illness. One of the easiest and most relaxing ways to release stress is to take a healing salt bath.
Remember how you felt the last time you took a swim in the ocean? Most likely, you felt both refreshed and exhilarated. You can simulate the experience and cleanse yourself at the same time by taking a few baths every week.
A bath is a great transition ritual after coming home from work to relax into your evening. You only need three natural ingredients for a quick stress release and an energetic pick-me up. If you’ve been upset by a person or situation, feel nervous about a present problem or anticipating a future decision, you can take this time in a bath to meditate, listen to spiritual music, do a healing visualization, or read the gratitude prayer below.
Salt. For centuries, sea salt has been used for cleansing and it’s one of the best remedies for clearing unhealthy energy, both physically and emotionally. Different from Epsom salt (which is great for sore muscles), sea salt disintegrates dirty energy. Dirty energy is associated with stress, pain, anger, fear and negative emotions. You can buy bulk sea salt online, get it from a local grocery store, or (when in a pinch) use regular table salt from your pantry.
Lavender essential oil. Lavender is one of the best remedies for clearing emotional upset. The color vibration of lavender lessens the emotional charge and relaxes the nervous system. The aromatherapy benefits of lavender have also been shown to relieve tension. In fact, the University of Maryland Medical Center states “research has confirmed that lavender produces slight calming, soothing, and sedative effects when its scent is inhaled.”
Organic argan oil. 100% pure organic argan oil from Morocco is extremely healing and infuses the skin with loads of anti-oxidants, protecting it from unhealthy free radicals. The skin is the largest organ in your body and when you are relaxing in a warm bath, your skin easily absorbs the vitamins, nutrients and essential fatty acids in the argan oil. It will also soften and moisturize every inch of your body, hair and scalp. You can apply it after the bath for extra hydration as well. (Click here for 10 ways to use Argan oil in your daily beauty routine.)
Directions for your healing salt bath:
1. Draw a warm bath and put two to three cups of sea salt in the water.
2. Add 10 drops of lavender essential oil.
3. Add a dropper full of pure, organic argan oil.
4. Relax in the salt bath for at least 20 minutes.
5. Make sure that the majority of your body is covered with the salt water at some point during bathing.
6. Visualize healing white light filling your entire body. Imagine that the light is flushing all physical, emotional, and mental stress out of your hands and feet and being disintegrated immediately.
7. Bonus prayer: To go the extra mile in self-care, you can say a prayer for whole body blessings while you bathe. Print and laminate it. It’s a wonderful way to get in a state of gratitude for your beautiful body and invoke blessings for well-being.
Salt baths are an easy, go-to stress reliever. They’re one of the most enjoyable ways to enhance your quality of life. Soak your stress away.